Exeter Labour Party is active across the City all year round and not just during elections. Campaigning is a year-round activity and we always need volunteers to be part of our team and help out in our offices, from your homes or on the campaign trail. Volunteering with Labour can involve as big or as small a commitment as you like. By getting involved, you’ll contribute to our common goal of winning elections and putting our values into practice. All sorts of things need to be done, from telephoning voters, delivering leaflets, knocking on doors, stuffing envelopes for delivery, addressing envelopes, helping at fundraising events or taking voters to the polling station.
How can you help?
- Display a Labour poster or placard at election times.
- Make sure that you can vote. If necessary apply for a postal vote (now available on demand – you don’t need a reason) or if you will be away on polling day, a proxy vote. For information on Postal or Proxy votes go to theExeter City Council website.
- Join the Labour Party – You can join online by clicking here, or send us an e-mail and we will bring you a membership application form.
- Make a donation to the Labour Party. You can donate online by clicking here and selecting the “donate today” link. If you want to make a donation to Exeter Labour Party please send it to: Exeter Labour Party 26b Clifton Hill Exeter EX1 2DJ.
- Sign up for Labour eNews, our email bulletin keeping you up-to-date with all that Labour is doing.
- Write to the papers. If you buy a local paper you’ll be used to seeing certain names regularly appearing on the Letters pages. Exeter Labour Party doesn’t go in for the orchestrated letter writing campaigns of some of our political opponents, so if you see something you feel strongly about, write to the paper with your point of view. Local media organisations are listed here.
- Stuffing and addressing envelopes.
- Phoning voters.
- Help with printing and publishing the newsletters our local councillors and campaign teams regularly issue to Exeter’s electors.
- Assisting with general office administrative work.
- Delivering leaflets from Exeter Labour Party to voters in your area. Volunteers to take on a regular deliver round of between 50 and 100 properties are always needed.
- Delivering letters to Labour Party members and supporters.
- Calling on local residents with councillors and local campaign teams.
- Support local Labour Party events. Regular sales are held at the Labour Hall in Clifton Hill and towards the end of the year we have a Bazaar in the City Centre.
- Buy tickets for our regular party raffles.
- Advertise your business in our regular members’ newsletter. Details of advertising rates are available from the Exeter Labour Party office (firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Exeter 275004).
- There are numerous other activities organised for Exeter Labour Party members such as quiz nights, coffee mornings, pledge auctions, parties, dinners and rambles. Why not join us.