SUPPORTING EXETER LABOUR PARTY
We have benefited from the generosity of members and supporters ever since the 1950s when we obtained the premises at Clifton Hill. This help has enabled Exeter Labour Party to grow, to campaign and to win elections, as we have done so impressively over many years resulting in us having a Labour MP and a Labour Exeter City Council.
HERE ARE SOME WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
- Undoubtedly the best way to give is by Standing Order.
- A regular monthly payment, for example of £2, can be small enough for you not to notice greatly and yet make a substantial difference to the Exeter Labour Party. Just £2 per month from all of our 1,205 members and our 615 supporters (affiliated and registered) would raise £43,632 per year. Remember, full membership of the Labour Party nationally benefits Exeter Labour Party to the tune of just £1.58 per year per member.
- Of course, we’d be even better off if you could give more. You choose the amount and only you can vary it.
- If a sufficient number of members and supporters gave on this basis we would be financially secure as a local party for as long as those with such orders kept them going. Of course, we are very grateful if you already help us in this way – please continue to do so!
- If you have online access to your bank account you can open (and close) standing orders at any time. All the information you need is given below:
Account name: Exeter CLP Office Account
Bank name: Unity Trust Bank
Sort code: 60 83 01
Account number: 58124446
- Alternatively, please download the form here which should be completed by you and returned to the Treasurer, Exeter Labour Party, 26B Clifton Hill, Exeter, EX1 2DJ.
- Make a one-off Donation here. £10 from each of our members and supporters would raise £18,180.
- Alternatively, cash can be contributed via branch meetings (hand to the Treasurer, Chair or Secretary making clear what the money is for) or directly to the CLP Treasurer (Andy Hannan) at a meeting of the General Committee – make sure you get a receipt! You can also make a cheque payable to ‘Exeter Labour Party’ and give as above or post it to the Treasurer, Exeter Labour Party, 26B Clifton Hill, Exeter, EX1 2DJ.
- If you have online access to your bank account you can also use the above account details to make a direct one-off payment.
- Holding a fund-raising event such as a Coffee Morning.
- Making a pledge for our Auction click here.
- Donating items for a Raffle.
- Other suggestions are welcome! For instance, the rather hirsute Dave Fuggle has volunteered to have all his hair shaved off at the Whipton and Pinhoe Labour Club and is seeking sponsorship. Can you beat that?!
If you need any more info please contact Brenda via email@example.com or 01392 873489.
If you do decide to give and whichever method and whatever amount you choose, the Exeter Labour Party is very grateful for your support.